[pp.int.general] [AG Liquid Democracy] Anybody checked out placeavote.com?

Muriel Rovira Esteva muriel at pirata.cat
Wed Jun 4 18:07:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

If you're referring to the "liquid democracy" session that was organised in
Brussels to form a working group, AFAIK we have no "leader". Anders was
kind enough to devote part of his time participating in the organisation as
well as taking notes for the minutes, but I'm totally sure he's very glad
that other people take the initiative to also help in setting up the
group.  :)

I don't think that that group was ever meant to depend on the PPEU,
specially since something like this doesn't depend on any border, so it
wouldn't make sense. It is simply a group of interested pirates that want
to join efforts internationally, and we used the facilities that the Young
Pirates of Europe kindly provided for us (i.e. the room to meet). On the
other hand, it was explicitly stated that it wasn't a group of programmers
but a more general group, so perhaps we are talking about different things?

Maybe you are thinking about the
pp-eu.euroliquid at lists.pp-international.net
that in principle was a working group that was going to set up an online
assembly of European pirates. The idea was to start the testing and
overcome the difficulties, so that it could be seriously proposed in the
future to use that to make binding decisions at an European level. However,
I haven't seen much activity in that list after it was created.

Greetings,

          Muriel