[pp.int.general] consensus experiment

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 14:58:15 CEST 2014

And what has been your "intellectual" production lately?

If you have no smart people left... it is always very, very calm in a graveyard.

Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:49:24 -0300
From: betielix at gmail.com
To: pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] consensus experiment

yes you can. In the Argentine pirate party, is working quite well. So we have a positive result here.The only criticism we have so far is for people that doesn`t get the principles, so we ask politely please to read them, and  some complains about the volume of information we have on our mailing list. But we are working on it. If some of us get out of control for the heat of the conversation, someone reminds us the "codigo de camadería pirata", that is some codes of good pirate behaviour to keep all in a good mood... and obviously, we try not to feed trolls.

Betiel

Fuere is one big trouble about consensus...

... you can have one, and build a willing group around it...
... but you can't have a group where absolutely everybody is admitted acritically, like in absolutely horizontal inclusive groups... and then try to find a suitable consensus.

Sign of the times... all you get is an idiocracy.

Nothing very Pirate Codex-like ;(.

Got more than two years of acute experience with that. BOTH in Pirates and in the Indignado movement.

Naievety rules ;(.

> Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:57:46 +0200
> From: zzbbyy at gmail.com
> To: pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net

> Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] consensus experiment
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Andreas Czák <Sonstwer at piratenpartei.at> wrote:

> > I've posted a counter proposal in your pad
> >
> > http://pad.polskapartiapiratow.pl/p/CommunicationChannels

> > #Counter Proposal:
> >
> >     Identify the interests of local pirate organisations (and people)
> >     create channels based on the same interests

> >     -> leads to international working groups on specific tasks
> >     -> reduces the information overflow on coordinators
> >    -> makes it easier to work on specific tasks and topics rather than

> > having to read ALL the international communication
> >
> > Reason for me is: There're sooo many mails and i'm not able to read them all
> > in order to get things done we must split communication based on topics,

> > doing so will enable more pirates to work together on the things they're
> > interested in
>
> Good idea.  It is not really incompatible with my proposal.
>
> I think what was lacking in the previous efforts is *community building*.

> What we need is more or less stable groups, with defined boundaries,
> that have the power to self-govern (and thus reduce trolls and
> flames). If the goal is global - than these groups need
> representatives from many parties (optimally from all existing pirate

> parties). Building them will require some effort.
>
> My idea is to use the consensus process when building one or more of
> these groups.
>
> Because the community building requires much effort - than when we

> build such a group it should not have too narrow goal.
>

> Plus I listed some goals for such a group to tackle:
>
> * organizing coordinated actions (mostly protests, but also actions

> like welcoming Snowden etc.)
>
> * working on common program core (the European common core program is
> very useful for small parties and it should be copied worldwide)
>
> * making common declarations

> * maybe working on PPI statutes
>

> Cheers,
> Z.

Pirate Parties International - General Talk

pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net