[pp.int.general] International demo day against TTIP & Co. (15.05.) - Situation in Europe

hyazinthe at emailn.de hyazinthe at emailn.de
Fri May 16 23:54:59 CEST 2014

Hi folks, :)

Considering all circumstances the international demo day didn't go out that bad; I've made an
overview picture, which sums everything up: http://abload.de/img/demo_day_against_ttip22ko7.jpg
pic tweet: https://twitter.com/stopTTIPprotest/status/467377174891483136

As you can see, where people decided to actually build on the prepared ground, they've achieved
something, which is considerable. The biggest press echo had the stopTTIP demo in Brussels – one example:
http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www_de.cgi/http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/protest-gegen-handelsabkommen-ttip-polizei-nimmt-in-bruessel-demonstranten-fest-1.1965920

And I've learned a lot for how to do it better next time...
the smartest thing, which one can do, when one wants to start something like that:
Making a pledge at least 6 months before the time frame for the demo day starts,
where one invites all thinkable organizations to participate; the pledge should say something like
"YES, I promise to actively, independant, and coordinatedly back an international demo day
against X in summer 20XX, if 100 organisations promise the same."
And in detail in the pledge a rough frame should be scetched how all this can develop,
including already providing the aforementioned meta structure, and making clear that all
important milestones are going to be decided in group by a doodle (name, fix date, press release, etc.).

Well... you live and learn ^^ ...

Greetings,
/ aka Oliver