[pp.int.general] Privacy International today has launched a platform and campaign to allow anyone in the world to request whether Britain’s intelligence agency GCHQ has illegally spied on them

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:54:37 CET 2015

https://www.privacyinternational.org/?q=node/499

Below an email they distribute. I signed the petition - as pirate
party members probably get high XKeyScore.

I also put the PP UK international contact in the address field -
maybe they have some more informed opinion about this campaign.

Cheers,
Zbigniew

Hello everyone,

Just following-up on the email I sent you about 10 days ago about our
victory at the IPT
<https://www.privacyinternational.org/?q=node/485%20>in the UK which
ruled the GCHQ had acted unlawfully in accessing millions of peopleâ s
personal communications collected by the NSA prior to December 2014.

In light of this, anyone in the world can request GCHQ tell them
whether or not they holding records on them unlawfully.

Today, Privacy International is launching
<https://www.privacyinternational.org/?q=node/499> a platform and
legal campaign allowing people to sign up to see if they were spied on
illegally. This will allow the public to finally know if they were
illegally spied on and will allow us all to hold intelligence agencies
to account for their unlawful surveillance on the worldâ s
communications. Hereâ s the link:
https://www.privacyinternational.org/illegalspying

These issues affect us all, not just American or British citizens.
Your communications and those in your country were most likely swept
up by mass NSA spying, and since the NSA share information with GCHQ
by default, that means that anyone using the internet or a phone in
the past decade most likely was caught up in this net.

We want you to be able to join this effort so here are various ways
you can get involved:

1) Use the attached press release template to draft your own with your
organisationâ s name. Please let us know when you intend to release
this to the press so we can then publicise it across our own networks.

2) Share our press release
<https://www.privacyinternational.org/?q=node/499> widely amongst your
networks to disseminate the launch of our campaign

3) Support this campaign by asking your members, media contacts, and
social media followers to join the legal campaign. The Twitter hashtag
we will be using is #DidGCHQSpyOnYou.

Thank you in advance for your support and for any further information
please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best,

Alex