[pp.int.general] A reading club

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:41:49 CET 2015

I wonder what do you guys read on the subject of politics. Websites,
blogs, books? It would be interesting to exchange reflections.

Here is for example a list of books that I have recently read - I
would love to talk about them with other pirates :)

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_Broker
- In Defence of Politics by Bernard Crick
- Understanding Institutional Diversity by Elinor Ostrom
- Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective
Action by Elinor Ostrom
- Freedom Is an Endless Meeting: Democracy in American Social
Movements by Francesca Polletta
- Why We Hate Politics by Colin Hay
- On Populist Reason by Ernesto Laclau
- The Logic of Collective Action: Public Goods and the Theory of
Groups by M Olson

I really recommend works by Elinor Ostrom and "The Logic of Collective
Action" - from some others I don't remember much.

Now I have just started 'Understanding Power' by Chomsky.

I also read daily http://marginalrevolution.com/ on economics.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/