[pp.int.general] Pirate Party Italy, you're doing well !

hyazinthe at emailn.de hyazinthe at emailn.de
Sat Jan 3 17:11:07 CET 2015

Why ? Because any kind of decisions you take you don't leave up to single persons voted into a federal executive board or parliament, but
leave it to your party basis by eDemocracy tools – at least more than other pirate parties. I know, that this has advantages but also disadvantages,
but from my experience it has one huge advantage, which is worth it to head for this direction of a party basis ruling into classical power points:
You don't want your representatives to take up positions, which differ from the consensus of the party basis or even the pirate party manifesto;
if this happens, it creates scandals, a huge drop of motivation in the party basis, distraction from political work, etc.

If you don't set up your representatives as a 'proxy server' of what the party basis decides, there is no way to avoid this critical point.
What do you want to do instead ? Ask the person 'will you live or pirate party manifesto in every detail of what you're doing as a pirate representative ?' ?
Of course, all asked persons will say 'Yes, I do', but that won't keep them from doing what they want, even if it is not in consensus with the pirate basis or
pirate party manifesto. They will say 'I'm a free representative; that's important for a functioning representative democracy. I'm just making use of
my independancy.' . In theory, this standpoint is totally true – I've had this standpoint for a long time – but when you see people with this theoretically
good standpoint failing in practice, because they dare one fuck-up with everything, which is important to the pirate party basis, after another, then you
see, that this standpoint might be a good one theoretically, but not practically.

If you have problems with your strongly basisdemocratic eDemocracy structure, Pirate Party Italy, then work on it. Don't just
consider yourself as a web user of a fancy eDemocracy tool, be a developer. Or if you can't code, then be the one who does all the
work around the coding, so that the coders have a free back for focussing just on coding.
Be critical but also optimistic in your work, because what you do is the peak of democracy development of the complete human history – so, big and important stuff.

Greetings,
Torben Lechner