[pp.int.general] Invitation online GA

Brendan Molloy brendan.molloy at pirateparty.org.au
Sun Jan 25 22:28:46 CET 2015

Hi Antonio,

I rejoined this list after years of having avoided it due to constant
demoralisation and trolling simply to respond to this message.

The PPI board restricted the last date for an online GA to March 16. I
worked my f**king ass off for the period of time between January 6[1] to
January 24[2] to draft a workable online general assembly proposal that
met the requirements of the statutes and was flexible enough to correct
any errors as they occur.

I also managed to migrate from Australia to Sweden in that time, and
have suffered from pneumonia. I still put my proposal to the board on
Saturday and after some unrelated drama, it passed with a sufficient
"majority" to be considered valid.

I proposed the draft for the proposal to the pp-leaders list on the
20th, as that was the earliest I could do so due to illness and
migration. Some modifications were requested and made in response to the
feedback.

Yes, we have 3 weeks to write statute amendment proposals, and 4 more
weeks to discuss and offer amendments as required. Getting a base
proposal together within three weeks is not too hard with people as
dedicated as myself working on the issues.

You will be granted constant opportunities for input compared with
previous GAs as it was designed to enable as much participation as
possible within the constraints given by the board and the statutes.

I look forward to everyone working constructively to make PPI an
collaborative organisation for coordinating our respective parties, and
put this old culture of harassment and demoralisation behind us.

Let's start anew.

[1]
http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2015-01-06#6_Online_General_Assembly_by_end_of_February
[2]
http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2015-01-24#6_Online_General_Assembly

> Hey!
>
> You are sending this around January 25...
>
> ... so any deadline February 14 means you pretend all this to be
> utter bullshit. Anybody really pretending to think seriously about
> what is being asked will need more time.
>
> But of course, if you only want fast consumption of a few ideas
> already regurgitated by the standard luminaries... don't bother and
> go on marching through the graveyard. You will reach the hole,
> eventually ;(.

- --
Regards,

Brendan Molloy
President
Pirate Party Australia

M: +46 73 075 56 04 (SE)
W: http://www.pirateparty.org.au
E: brendan.molloy at pirateparty.org.au
T: @piecritic
PGP: 5721 8A69 1828 21E6

- --
Pirate Party Australia is a political party based around the core tenets
of freedom of information and culture; civil and digital liberties;
privacy and anonymity; and government transparency.

Donate today! http://pirateparty.org.au/donate