[pp.int.general] [pp-leaders.discussion] [pp-leaders] Call for Donations

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Sat Mar 7 13:16:50 CET 2015

Dear Thomas,

I would agree with you, that there is some sort of Catch-22 involved.

But consider this:
1) You are suggesting, that we should not follow out own laws. What do you think the conclusion would be about a political party that is announcing „we will not abide the laws, cause they are stupid“?
This is what distinct the activism from politics - activist may break occasionally some rules to drive attention to the flaws of those (like Greenpeace), political parties are actually in the position to inflict the change on the rules by following the democratic process.

I am not defending the stupidity of the statutes. I also think they are flawed at some aspects. But this are the rules we gave ourselves, and we should abide at least our own rules. How would we suppose to actually govern any matters, should we have success in any elections?

best regards,

Gregory Engels
International Coordinator
Pirate Party of Germany