[pp.int.general] Global Day of Action - April 18, 2015 (anti trade agreements - including TTIP)

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:56:40 CET 2015

https://www.globaltradeday.org/en/call-for-action/article/global-day-of-action-april-18-2015:

People and the planet before profits!
Global Call to Action to Defeat Free Trade and Investment Treaties

We, civil society organizations, trade unions, farmers, youth, women,
indigenous movements and grassroots activists from across the world,
are calling for a Global Day of Action on 18 April 2015 to stop free
trade and investment deals and promote an economy that works for
people and the planet.

For the last decades, secret trade and investment agreements have been
pushed by corporations and governments, damaging our rights and the
environment.

For the last decades, we have been fighting for food sovereignty, for
the commons, to defend our jobs, our lands, internet freedom and to
reclaim democracy. Along the way, we have grown as a movement, we have
made our voices heard and we had victories.

Together, we can stop the agreements that are being negotiated and
reverse the negative impacts of past agreements. We can drive forward
our alternatives based on human rights over corporate privileges.

We call on organizations, individuals and alliances to participate by
organizing decentralized actions across the five continents. We
welcome a diversity of tactics and solidarity actions from across the
world that will help raise awareness, engage and mobilize people
locally towards a new trade and economic model that works for people
and the planet.

Join the Global Day of Action’ automated list and be part of the
strategic discussions!
Send an email to 18a-subscribe at lists.riseup.net to register!

Groups are welcome to translate, adapt and change the call for their
own mobilization.
Groups are also welcome to choose a different day of the week if more
appropriate for their local campaign.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/