[pp.int.general] asylum for Edward Snowden

James O'Keefe jokeefe at jamesokeefe.org
Thu Nov 5 17:34:59 CET 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Mikuláš Peksa <mikulas.peksa at pirati.cz>
 wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Czech Pirate Party officially calls on Czech Government to grant asylum to
> Edward Snowden. Are you aware of any other similar initiative by any other
> Pirate Party in EU? We would like to mention it in an interview for TV.

Hi Mikuláš,

Iceland at least:
http://mashable.com/2013/07/04/iceland-snowden/#KA3Vf0_bfaqy

Thought the German Pirates did.

Seeing as we are in the US, we cannot ask for him to be given asylum.

peace,

James
--
James O'Keefe
Captain, Massachusetts Pirate Party / masspirates.org
e: jokeefe at jamesokeefe.org
m: 617-447-0210

Warning: This communication may be monitored and collected without consent,
in secret, by the NSA, other intelligence agencies and corporations.
Additionally, anything that you send me is likely to receive the same
treatment.  Please encrypt your communications well.  They hate that.  See
https://prism-break.org/ for a list of tools you can use.