[pp.int.general] Help the Pirate Party of Greece prepare for national elections!

Antonios Motakis - International Coordinator PP-GR international at pirateparty.gr
Tue Sep 1 22:09:10 CEST 2015

Dear pirates,

I am asking you to support, however you can, the participation of the
Pirate Party of Greece in the national elections taking place this year. [1]

As I am sure all of you have heard by now, our troubled country is heading
into elections. Again.

The Pirate Party of Greece, did not participate in the last elections in
January [2], for various reasons, the main among them being the high
financial cost of participating in elections in Greece.

We believe that it is important that the Pirate Party runs in these
elections. There has already been some attention in the media, because of
the talks PPGR has had with other parties [3]. Not taking part in this
election challenge would be a lost chance to promote the Pirate values to
the Greek electorate, and it is not unthinkable that there won't be any
other elections for a time.

Unfortunately, running for elections in Greece has high costs, as the
participating parties are responsible for the printing of their own
ballots. We estimate that this election run will cost up to 25,000 €. We
are in talks with many other political parties in Greece, trying to form an
electoral coalition as a 'Plan B'. However we are also trying to gather the
required funds, so we can independently take part in the election race and
promote the Pirate Party to the people in Greece.

*We have set up a web page for crowdfunding:*
http://elections.pirateparty.gr/?page_id=661

We are asking all Pirate Parties, to promote this web page and our
crowdfunding action to their members. Please if you can, consider donating
to our cause, and forward this page to anyone that might be sympathetic to
our cause.

With hearty pirate cheers,
Antonios Motakis (a.k.a. Tony)
Intl. Coordinator