[pp.int.general] WG: Migration Policy Institute Leadership Search Is Announced

michael john sinclair mickeyy_sinclair at yahoo.de
Mon Aug 29 22:55:30 CEST 2016

Kennt ihr wer die im frage kommt? GrüßeMickey Sinclair

     Migration Policy Institute Communications <communications at migrationpolicy.org> schrieb am 22:47 Montag, 29.August 2016:

|  To ensure email delivery directly to your inbox, please add
 @migrationpolicy.org to your address book.

|                                                                                   |  |  |

|   PRESS RELEASE
 August 29, 2016
 Contact: Michelle Mittelstadt
 202-266-1910
 mmittelstadt at migrationpolicy.org

 Migration Policy Institute Launches Search for Next Generation of Leadership

  WASHINGTON — The chair of the Board of Trustees of the Migration Policy Institute (MPI), the Most Rev. Nicholas DiMarzio, Bishop of Brooklyn, today announced that the Board is launching an extensive national and international search to identify the next president of MPI. President Michael Fix, who joined the institute in 2005, will continue to lead the organization until a successor is named, and then will become a senior fellow.

 "The Board of Trustees is launching a global search to identify a next-generation leader who can build upon the superb results that Michael Fix and his predecessor, Demetri Papademetriou, have achieved over the past 15 years to make MPI an unparalleled player in evidence-based migration research and policy development in the United States and around the world," DiMarzio said.

 "The board is deeply grateful to Michael for his leadership and his keen intellect as one of the nation's foremost thinkers on immigrant integration and immigration policy," DiMarzio said. "Michael has ably steered MPI during a transition period bridging from the original leadership to a new generation that can position the institute for the challenges ahead in an ever evolving, ever more demanding landscape."

 "MPI has been incredibly fortunate to have been led by deeply strategic thinkers and we take very seriously the recruitment of a new leader who can help the institute ambitiously pursue its mission and set new goals," DiMarzio added.

 Fix, who became president after taking on increasingly significant management duties earlier as senior vice president and then CEO, said: "It is an honor and a privilege to serve as the president of MPI. With the organization on a very solid footing across its research and development portfolios, the time is right, however, to undertake the transition to a new generation of leadership, and I look forward to returning to my deep interest in immigration and integration research."

 MPI was founded in 2001 by Co-Directors Demetrios Papademetriou and Kathleen Newland, evolving from the International Migration Policy Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. An independent, non-partisan think tank headquartered in Washington, DC, MPI has a sister institution in Brussels and an office in New York. MPI has been an influential player in policy debates in North America, Europe and beyond, advising governments and EU presidencies on immigration and immigrant integration policymaking and designing effective, pragmatic policies.

 To date, MPI has published more than 500 research reports and books, provided testimony before the U.S. Congress and parliamentary bodies in more than a dozen countries, advised dozens of governments and civil-society organizations and organized countless public and private convenings.
 # # # The Migration Policy Institute (MPI) is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit think tank in Washington, DC dedicated to analysis of the movement of people worldwide. MPI provides analysis, development and evaluation of migration and refugee policies at the local, national and international levels.

 Migration Policy Institute
 Stay up to date on MPI's events and newest publications.

 MPI Data Hub
 Find the latest immigration statistics, maps, and numbers for the United States and other countries.

 Migration Information Source
 Read a unique, online journal that provides fresh thought and global analysis of international migration and refugee trends.  |
|  Update your E-mail Preferences
 Click here to unsubscribe  |