[pp.int.general] Open letter of solidarity with Library Genesis and Sci-Hub

Daniel Riaño danielrr2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:07:31 CET 2016

Agreed, Giulio, but it is not only independent / unaffiliated researchers
the ones who are benefitting from both sources massively. Most Everybody*
is using it, throughout the world. Of course you have more incentives to
use Libgen and Sci-Hub if you are living in, say, Lagos, than if you reside
in Washington DC; but even if you are affiliated to a research center in
the developed world, chances are the budget of your institution doesn't
allow you to access many journals and collections you used to give as
granted just a few years ago. And even if they do, Libgen and Sci-Hub are
normally much faster that your regular system of access via a labyrinthine
path trough all ways of nonworking institutional-password shielded gates.