[pp.int.general] Is anyone still active

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:43:00 CEST 2007

On 17/08/07, Andrew Norton <andrew.norton at pirate-party.us> wrote:
> It seems that where a month or two back, we were all full of fire and vinegar, things
> mostly seem to have quietened down. No-one's really talking to each other, and even
> your IRC channels seem pretty empty. No-one is talking, or communicating any
> more, and thats bad. We need to talk, to communicate, especially if things are going
> to work well in 09.

Sweden has been moderately busy trying to talk itself into
disapproving the EU Reform Treaty. Or, rather. We already disapprove
strongly, but we've talked about that on our forum. I think that's
rather important for 2009.

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2007/08/binary-treaty.html <-- that
is the link, in case anyone has missed it.

Apart from that, in Sweden a lot of the different sections are doing
different things. There was a really successful campaign in the north
where our Young Pirates visited Stora Noliamässan (in Swedish between
4th-12th August:
http://stefanflod.blogspot.com/). We're also trying to figure out how
we're going to get money.

Provided that Rick manages some fund raising in the US it might be
feasible talking further about the plans for representatives that
exist on the PPI Wiki (not official name), but as far as I have heard
he doesn't have any information on this yet?

I haven't heard any on the list from Florian Hufsky for a while, but
they done a big job in June already, and Austria does deserve some
time off. So does Rick.

Ah. I was going to say, I think that most of what everyone in Sweden
is trying to do is spread the word to the population at large, rather
than just the people who regularly hang out at our forum. We're stuck
on money, of course. There's a newsletter project that currently
doesn't have funding which is national.

Every other Swedish person on the list is obviously free to contradict
me in any way they wish provided I'm wrong.

--melia