[pp.int.general] Swedish voice about OXML bought by MS?

Natsu piratenatsu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:13:45 CEST 2007

2007/8/31, Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick at piratpartiet.se>:

>  Short version: MS paid a ton of business partners to show up at the last
> minute to rig the Swedish standards vote in favor of OOXML (which would
> never have passed Swedish Standards Institute otherwise),

This is where it would have stopped in my country.

shit hits the fan, top story in newspapers, MS panics and backpedals like
> crazy, Swedish Standards Institute declares vote invalid and that it will
> abstain its vote in ISO

This is what is amazing. It wouldn't have made top story in Spanish
newspapers, and neither Microsoft nor any institution would have backed up.
I find it awesome that your newspapers have made this top news.
Congratulations!