[pp.int.general] Interesting quote

Andy Milner andy.milner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:51:11 CEST 2007

Picked it up while lookin for News stories this morning...

>From Dean Garfield (Chief Strategy Officer, MPAA)

Question:
The Pirate Party in Sweden has plans to spread the anticopyright
movement all over the world. Does it worry you that that some people
see the issue of copyright as an attempt by Hollywood to suppress
information and are painting piracy as a crusade?

Garfield:
It is a concern. Part of our challenge is to view the Pirate Party,
and those who support it, as a market competitor. We have to make sure
that we, as an industry, are as attuned to the marketplace as they
are. We have to be steadfast to respond to market wishes. We also
shouldn't close our eyes to it, and we will be responsive to it.

http://news.com.com/Hollywoods+copyright+enforcer/2008-1026_3-6204654.html
on page 2...

//A