[pp.int.general] Interesting quote

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Wed Aug 29 09:00:03 CEST 2007

Yup, we discussed that a bit. It seems he can't tell the Pirate Party
from the Pirate Bay (while still claiming it's important to keep track
of). Check the next question:

Do you think that the Pirate Party's attempts to battle you guys at the
ballot box is a legitimate way to work out these issues?
Garfield: There's nothing about what the Pirate Bay does or what the
Pirate Party does that is legitimate. There's nothing philosophically
principled about it. They steal copyright content and accept advertising
dollars based on taking other people's work. There's nothing noble about
it.

I mean, that's the kind of statement we can put on our own election
campaign posters (next to the "I hope they don't get any votes at all"
quote from Mats Johansson, a member of Swedish Parliament). It seems to
me that he's responding with a canned answer about the Pirate Bay, when
the question was about us.

Rick