[pp.int.general] congrats to PP-Hesse on running

Christof Leng cl at piratenpartei.de
Tue Dec 4 02:10:07 CET 2007

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) wrote:
> Great! That means two PPs have real, actual and successful experience
> in how to collect signatures. There are a lot of people here
> scratching heads from what I've read...
If somebody needs hints I'm happy to share (of course ;-) ) our experience.

> It takes work, real work
Yes, it's cumbersome. And it is depressing most of the time, because
you'll have the feeling you won't make it most of the time.
> and afk-type effort,
Definitely. I can tell you it's pretty cold out there standing in the
pedestrian zone a whole afternoon. But you'll meet a lot of nice people.
> but it's doable.
If you are well-prepared, have enough pirates to support you, and are
willing to sustain the effort over many weeks. Without knowing the exact
numbers I estimate that we had 20-50 active collectors and 3-4 months
for around 1500 signatures (we needed 1000, but went for safety as a
good portion of them were considered invalid by the authorities, e.g.
signatory was not allowed to vote).

Christof