[pp.int.general] Pirate T-shirt incompatible with G8 demonstrations?

Christof Leng cl at piratenpartei.de
Tue Jun 12 00:58:46 CEST 2007

Stephan Klein wrote:
> IMHO: The border patrol just saw a black shirt with something that kind
> of looked like a skull and crossbones. I don't think they recognized the
> symbol specifically or ment to strike against pirates as a whole.

Exactly that is the point. The authorities in the western countries
start acting like wild animals, attacking everything which does not
conform and subdue completely. It was certainly not an anti-pirate
action, but an "everybody is suspicious" strategy. And that is way worse.

Yes, it is a t-shirt. Yes, it is black. Yes, it has crossbones on it.

Go to a random discotheque, club, student dorm, or whereever you can
find young people and you'll find t-shirts similar to this one. At least
99.99% of the people wearing those are no threat to the national or
whatever security at all. Even if they're in Rostock to attend the
alternative G8 summit.

It's the new directive: Everybody is suspicious. It's not only
"abstract" civil rights at stake, it's everyday civil society that is
under attack.

Christof