[pp.int.general] constituting pirate-property

Natsu piratenatsu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 00:42:52 CEST 2007

I have had a look at your wiki. Again, though I like the original idea
(substituting their terms for ours), I disagree with the solution.

My main problem is that we attack intellectual property as a concept,
because we think nothing intellectual can in truth be someone's "property".
As I said before, you can't own a melody as you'd own a car. The rights you
have over your car cannot be applied to products of the brain.

If you use the very same word, "property", in "Pirate-property", you are
keeping the concept of property applied to intellectual products. I think
the flaw is there. If you say "property", you are still accepting their term,
their ideas, and putting "pirate" before it only sounds like stealing.

If, on the contrary, you refuse the very concept of traditional property to
intellectual products, everything becomes naturally free for use, as logic
says it should be.

However, we, in our proposal on copyright (we translated it to author's
rights, the concept of copyright is again refused), we constantly defend
author's rights.

I hope that, whether you agree with us or not, you'll please take out and
eliminate the term "property" of your proposal. It really helps them, not
us, IMHO.

Greetings,

Natsu