[pp.int.general] audio files of the talks

John Nilsson john.nilsson at piratpartiet.se
Sun Jun 17 00:57:14 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 23:06 +0200, Christof Leng wrote:
> I completely disagree. The economical system of the USA is the free
> market. The pirates (and me personally) believe strongly in the free
> market. That's why we fight monopolies (which btw hurt the American
> market too).

Ah, my pet peeve. I usually point out that not everyone agrees that USA
has a free market. As Carson describes it:

<http://mutualist.blogspot.com/2005/01/definitions-and-distinctions.html>

FREE MARKET: That condition of society in which all economic
transactions result from voluntary choice without coercion.

CAPITALISM: That organization of society, incorporating elements of tax,
usury, landlordism, and tariff, which thus denies the Free Market while
pretending to exemplify it.

ANARCHISM: That organization of society in which the Free Market
operates freely, without taxes, usury, landlordism, tariffs, or other
forms of coercion or privilege. "Right" anarchists predict that in the
Free Market people would voluntarily choose to compete more often than
to cooperate; "left" anarchists predict that in the Free Market people
would voluntarily choose to cooperate more often than to compete.

Although I find my self to be more of a georgist than an anarchist for
the time being.

Regards,
John