[pp.int.general] audio files of the talks

Christof Leng cl at piratenpartei.de
Sun Jun 17 02:09:47 CEST 2007

John Nilsson wrote:
> Ah, my pet peeve. I usually point out that not everyone agrees that USA
> has a free market. As Carson describes it:

Nice definition. But surely you will not find any definition or opinion
that everybody agrees on (especially because there are people who
disagree as a matter of principle).
If you dislike the term "free market", use "market economy" instead. Of
course, the USA are no "pure" market economy either, but what is pure on
our planet anyway?
However, I wouldn't like to see a public discussion of economic systems
in the name of the pirate party. That's not what we are here for. On the
other hand, an internal chat could be fun (if nobody takes it personally).
> Although I find my self to be more of a georgist than an anarchist for the time being.
Well, anarchy has a bad reputation. There are some forms of anarchy that
deserve it, others don't. It's like summarizing all other concepts under
the single term "order". There are some forms of order that are
desirable, others are certainly not.

Christof