[pp.int.general] Any news in France?

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:13:01 CET 2007

2007/11/26, Jouni Snellman <jounisnellman at gmail.com>:
> France is always special. I am wondering if there´s any progress in Russia.

???
Please explain :)

> On Nov 26, 2007 4:56 PM, Helmut Pozimski <helmutpozimski at web.de> wrote:

> > I am wondering if there's any progress in France. I read some really
> > emotonial discussions in your forum but there don't seem to be a
> > solution yet. What are your plans, do you plan to leave the situation
> > with two coexisting parties? Which party is officially registered yet?
> > Shall we link to both Websites in the wikis?

Hi Helmut,
I wish Andrew, Rick or anybody more important than us frenchies had
anything to say about this issue...

As far as we're dealing with it now, we've spent a few days typing the
whole IP address in our browsers to access our portal and forums; no
need to say that quite a bunch of our members got lost in the process.
We're currently getting a new domain name; you can try, for instance,
http://www.partipirate.org/ (we don't know yet if this is the one
we'll definitively retain).

By the way, many many thanks to Andy for proposing us a temporary
webspace; as we've luckily kept our server, we shouldn't be needing
it; however as you've noticed, the main help we do need will be all
about "legitimacy" issues. Plus, all the work we had begun, promoting
and sponsoring artists etc. is just wasted now: how can any artist,
author, musician etc. trust us if someone else is yelling all over the
Internet that we are pure bullsh*?

As I've already told you, we would certainly have gladly welcome any
proposal to create an alternate Parti Pirate branch. We're all for
diversity, and we do believe each opinion and way of thinking has its
legitimacy, as long as it remains democracy-compatible. I think two
Parti Pirates /can/ coexist, in a pacific and friendly way. (Now,
/should/ they? This is another question.) But if the only purpose of
the latter is to destroy the former, this is simply wrong. We have no
time to spend responding to false accusations, counter-flaming etc. No
time, no courage, no patience and no strength: we're all just too sad
and disappointed.

But then again, we're still alive :)

Regards,
Valentin V. for the Parti Pirate (nope, the other one -- wait, which
one is it again?)