[pp.int.general] Any news in France?

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Mon Nov 26 23:42:20 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:13:01 +0100, "Valentin Villenave" <v.villenave at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/11/26, Jouni Snellman <jounisnellman at gmail.com>:
>> France is always special. I am wondering if there´s any progress in
> Russia.
>
> ???
> Please explain :)
>
>> On Nov 26, 2007 4:56 PM, Helmut Pozimski <helmutpozimski at web.de> wrote:
>
>> > I am wondering if there's any progress in France. I read some really
>> > emotonial discussions in your forum but there don't seem to be a
>> > solution yet. What are your plans, do you plan to leave the situation
>> > with two coexisting parties? Which party is officially registered yet?
>> > Shall we link to both Websites in the wikis?
>
> Hi Helmut,
> I wish Andrew, Rick or anybody more important than us frenchies had
> anything to say about this issue...

Hope you don't mean me? If you do, than to quote an old BBC Sitcom "WE're all doooooomed" :-)

Alas, personally, i've been dealing with a strong attack of apathy. i've found it very hard to sit down in front of a keyboard and do anything at all, to be honest.

> As far as we're dealing with it now, we've spent a few days typing the
> whole IP address in our browsers to access our portal and forums; no
> need to say that quite a bunch of our members got lost in the process.
> We're currently getting a new domain name; you can try, for instance,
> http://www.partipirate.org/ (we don't know yet if this is the one
> we'll definitively retain).

Good, and as I think I sent via IM, there's always partipirate.fr - same as before, but no - in the middle.

> By the way, many many thanks to Andy for proposing us a temporary
> webspace; as we've luckily kept our server, we shouldn't be needing
> it; however as you've noticed, the main help we do need will be all
> about "legitimacy" issues. Plus, all the work we had begun, promoting
> and sponsoring artists etc. is just wasted now: how can any artist,
> author, musician etc. trust us if someone else is yelling all over the
> Internet that we are pure bullsh*?

Trust and legitimacy are something that the internet is notoriously poor at.

As I said to Rick earlier today (which he may or may not have gotten) - we really need someone who can work fulltime, and be accessable, to work on ppi-related stuff. Andy's doing good on the website front, but we really need better sources of communication, records, contact details etc. Also, driving for issues like this, getting people in, out, monitoring things, making sure they get done; involving relevent members of the community.

> As I've already told you, we would certainly have gladly welcome any
> proposal to create an alternate Parti Pirate branch. We're all for
> diversity, and we do believe each opinion and way of thinking has its
> legitimacy, as long as it remains democracy-compatible. I think two
> Parti Pirates /can/ coexist, in a pacific and friendly way. (Now,
> /should/ they? This is another question.) But if the only purpose of
> the latter is to destroy the former, this is simply wrong. We have no
> time to spend responding to false accusations, counter-flaming etc. No
> time, no courage, no patience and no strength: we're all just too sad
> and disappointed.
>
> But then again, we're still alive :)

Good :-)