[pp.int.general] WIPO

Ray Jenson ray.jenson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 05:01:48 CEST 2007

Just adding to the ideas forwarded by Jens and Christof:

wipo.org is a redirect to the WIPO's .int domain.
wipo.com appears to be a parked page and possibly available.
wipo.net looks like a portal for wipo employees, and so is not available.

In true fashion, I say we find some interested parties to monitor the
domain's renewal and register it. And just my suggestion to go into
the pot:

World Internet Piracy Organization

It could be a clearinghouse for information and a separate arm for the
movement, giving people like TPB an international arm to operate
through. Though the clearinghouse doesn't promote illegal activities,
it could advocate civil disobedience, being a non-political
organization instead of a political party. Thus, both sides of the
equation are supported. Also, it could recruit for the various parties
and coordinate activities such as protests and petitions, and keep
everyone "in the loop" so that everyone knows what's happening.

And though it could promote the pirate parties, the pirate parties
could not generally promote it because of the fact that some protests
are still considered illegal. Because we're pro-democracy, places like
Burma and China would necessarily have to blockade it.