[pp.int.general] WIPO

machado at sociologia.de machado at sociologia.de
Mon Oct 15 12:17:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

The domain wipo.edu is also free. I think the name 'World Internet
Piracy Organization" is very nice. I agree with Ray that we could have a
separate arm to advocate against "intelectual property", independently
of party filliation.

I think the "pirate WIPO" will get a lot of sympathizers around the world.

Jorge
PP Brazil

Ray Jenson escreveu:
> Just adding to the ideas forwarded by Jens and Christof:
>
> wipo.org is a redirect to the WIPO's .int domain.
> wipo.com appears to be a parked page and possibly available.
> wipo.net looks like a portal for wipo employees, and so is not available.
>
> In true fashion, I say we find some interested parties to monitor the
> domain's renewal and register it. And just my suggestion to go into
> the pot:
>
> World Internet Piracy Organization
>
> It could be a clearinghouse for information and a separate arm for the
> movement, giving people like TPB an international arm to operate
> through. Though the clearinghouse doesn't promote illegal activities,
> it could advocate civil disobedience, being a non-political
> organization instead of a political party. Thus, both sides of the
> equation are supported. Also, it could recruit for the various parties
> and coordinate activities such as protests and petitions, and keep
> everyone "in the loop" so that everyone knows what's happening.
>
> And though it could promote the pirate parties, the pirate parties
> could not generally promote it because of the fact that some protests
> are still considered illegal. Because we're pro-democracy, places like
> Burma and China would necessarily have to blockade it.
>

> On 10/14/07, Christof Leng <cl at piratenpartei.de> wrote:
>> The guys at TPB had a very similar idea, check out the new
>> http://www.ifpi.com. yeah! :-D
>>
>> More on http://torrentfreak.com/ifpi-now-owned-by-the-piratebay-071012/
>>
>> Christof
>>
>> Jens Seipenbusch wrote:
>>> no doubt, WIPO is a problem for us.
>>> What if we found the WorldInternationalPirateOrganization (WIPO), just
>>> to capture that abbreviation in true pirate manner?
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Jens