[pp.int.general] PPI like an International Party (the first?)

Christof Leng cl at piratenpartei.de
Thu Oct 18 00:14:49 CEST 2007

Having an international logo would definitely help, especially to
emphasize that the pirates are a worldwide movement. Of the proposals in
the German wiki I like only the first (but the image has poor quality).

Alexander Bock wrote:

> Actually
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_the_United_Nations.svg
> states that the flag is released to the public domain:
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/
>
> I don't know how reliable that is, though.
It might be public domain, but there is a "United Nations Flag Code and
Regulations" at
http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/maplib/docs/stsgb132.pdf
There are more (important) rules than copyright in this world. ;-)

Andrew Norton wrote:
> Well, you don't see them suing paramount
>
> http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/9/97/United_Federation_of_Planets_flag.svg/630px-United_Federation_of_Planets_flag.svg.png

I haven't found anything about derivative works in the flag code, but
I'm pretty sure the Paramount is deep in the gray area here. That they
haven't sued them, might be a political decision... imagine a trekkie
mob hitting UN headquarters...! :-D

Christof