[pp.int.general] We must support the International Music Score Library Project!

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 15:19:08 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I don't know if any of you guys is interested in classical music, but
there's a circumstance I thought you should know: the International
Music Score Library Project, which is (was) kind of a music-oriented
Gutenberg project, has been closed due to abusive legal threats from
the huge publisher Universal Editions AG.

More info on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Music_Score_Library_Project

As an international IP-related organization, the least we could do is
send him a mail, and maybe this could even be worth a PR...

You can see more explanations on http://imslpforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=615

... And his final post on www.imslp.org

Thank you all.

Valentin