[pp.int.general] Dutch Minister thinks about Banning the Home-downloading of Copyrighted Material

Natsu piratenatsu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 19:49:53 CEST 2007

Once France opened the doors to the ban of downloading copyrighted material,
it was only a matter of time that others tried to do so. Very bad news. We
really have to get successful at the elections if we want to stop this
political trend. Only thing is I don't know how to do so.

2007/9/3, Wybo Wiersma <wybo at logilogi.org>:

> Hirsh Ballin, the Dutch Minister of Law thinks about banning the
> downloading of copyrighted material according to a well known
> columnist from the Netherlands.
>
> According to him he does this because the Dutch were strongly opposed
> against taxes on MP3-players and harddisks during the last election-
> time, causing politicians to speak out against those, and Hirsh Ballin
> to ban such taxes untill december 2008.
>

> http://www.nu.nl/news/1217330/1205/Geheim%3A_Hirsch_Ballin_wil_downloaden_verbieden.html
> (in Dutch)
>
> So we have something of an expected problem here on the horizon.
>
> Wybo Wiersma

Isabel María Guzmán Miranda

Coordinadora del comité sectorial de Cultura y Derechos de Autor