[pp.int.general] sign, translate & release press release on Frattini

Mårten Fjällström marten.fjallstrom at piratpartiet.se
Sat Sep 15 01:05:36 CEST 2007

To be specific the editorialising text between the quotes is citing
Europol (because that is a source that can not be claimed to be soft on
terrorism).

If this is the statistics in question (and it is the attributed source):
http://www.europol.europa.eu/publications/TESAT/TESAT2007.pdf

Islamic terrorism has one case (separatism leads with 424, total 498)
during 2006.(p.14) During 2006 is critical there, I find no number given
"since 2001".

So I have changed it to (change words or phrasing marked here with #)

"
According to Europol statistics as of spring 2007, there was one confirmed
islamist terrorist attack in Europe #last year#. With arrests at more than
200 islamist terrorist #suspects# in 2006 #alone# the european police
forces has proved to treat this #seriously#. But is this not just prove
that the hard line is working?
"

Good catch!

--
Mårten Fjällström
Party Secretary, Piratpartiet

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 04:00:00 +0200, Andrew Norton
<andrew.norton at pirate-party.us> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:33:33 +0200, "Amelia Andersdotter"
> <teirdes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Europol report mentions one attack in Germany in 2006 which was
>> aborted. There has also been the Glasgow incident in summer 2007. If
>> we wish to base our view of the world on statistics of events that
>> have not occurred I shall be sure to express my deepest concern about
>> that as well.
>
> Eugh, don't get me started on the Glasgow/london stuff recently. Those
> were jokes. I'm sorry but anyone who actually finished school in the UK
> and did a chemistry GCSE would have made a more effective bang. That
> being said, it did end up working, by making the government cause panic
> and spread fear through the populace.
>
> Andrew
> (who went to school in the UK)
>

>> /amelia
>>
>> On 14/09/2007, Carlos Ayala <aiarakoa at yahoo.es> wrote:

Mårten Fjällström
Kontaktperson för Piratpartiet i Uppsala län