[pp.int.general] Status in Austria

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Tue Aug 26 23:26:03 CEST 2008

Hi Max,

Max Lalouschek | Piratenpartei Österreichs skrev:
> I want to make clear, that although we can't always guarantee for
> somebody being present on the manifesto meeting, the Manifesto itself
> has our utmost support.
I don't support the manifesto as such yet (it isn't there yet, so there
is nothing to support), but I fully support the discussions we have
about it. These discussions are really useful: They help to clear up any
differences we have, and this is important for us.

Even if this Manifesto process fails to give a formal final result, it
will be useful to us.

> After all the effort put into the whole task by
> Carlos, which I appreciate much, it was a mistake to question the
> manifesto resp. saying that it shouldn't have a priority.
Carlos definitely put a lot of work into this. IMHO it is only good to
ask questions, but unfortunately this time the questions were answered
by flames.

> Anyway, back to Austria, we tried to collect signs for our coming
> national re-election... and failed.
I'm sad to hear this. If it can be any comfort to you we don't really
think about collecting signs yet, as we have to collect to many, and the
process (with authorization and confirmation of the signs) is too hard
here. Only happened once in 30 years that a new party got elected
without prior representation.

But you are trying, and that is what is important. Getting media
attention is important for people to know about you, but we have only
been able to get one (internet only) article about us in our local
mainstream press dominated by the copyright lobby.

I wish you the best of luck. Our cause is good, so if we can make people
listen to us we are certain to win.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.