[pp.int.general] Status in Austria

Max Lalouschek | Piratenpartei Österrei Max Lalouschek | Piratenpartei Österrei
Mon Aug 25 13:51:19 CEST 2008

Hi everybody!

I wanted to inform you about our current situation, but before I do so I
have to say that it was sad to see, that while we were busy there was a
quite hateful arguing going on, on this list.

I want to make clear, that although we can't always guarantee for
somebody being present on the manifesto meeting, the Manifesto itself
has our utmost support. After all the effort put into the whole task by
Carlos, which I appreciate much, it was a mistake to question the
manifesto resp. saying that it shouldn't have a priority. Although I
don't agree with his accuses, I understand them very good as a furious
reaction.

Anyway, back to Austria, we tried to collect signs for our coming
national re-election... and failed. I can't say that came unexpected but
it is still sad, especially because we did better at the election two
years ago.

One reason for that might be the fact, that there were quite a lot of
new small parties trying to get on the ballot, which had the additional
effect of diverting attention, of the people as well as of the media.
Another reason is the lack of activits we have, who go out on the
street, convincing people to go to the town hall and sign for us. Last
but not least we are still quite busy with improvements in
infrastructure and getting projects finished to get some media attention.

So, we are moving on and shift our focus now again on our projects.
hoping that they will get us the necessary attention, especially of the
media.

Ciao!

Max Lalouschek