[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: next week's meeting

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Wed Dec 3 17:07:40 CET 2008

De: Ole Husgaard <pirat at sparre.dk>
Enviado: martes, 2 de diciembre, 2008 19:10:45
> I do not think that a new round of amendment proposals is needed, if we can get a chance to
> vote on the previously annulled amendments

Neither do I. As I told Jens in a former mail, there are some amendments that were widely rejected, also having in mind the voting rules and specifically the vetoing conditions; the rest, according to the criteria suggested by Ole (i.e., ballots where the original wording was the widely rejected one, or amendments where vote was pretty divided; namely, 1st, 6th & 7th), would be debated aiming to find an agreement between representatives.

About the annulled amendments, if you mean Stallman's Amendment, it would affect 1st ballot; thus, I think indeed it would be included in the debate.

> Also, I think it would be nice if Carlos offered to step down, if somebody else with the same
> time and dedication could be found to replace him as the manager of the manifesto process.
> This is not because I mistrust him in any way, or accuse him of having done anything wrong,

Glad to hear that :) actually I think that being trustworthy and not having done anything wrong are reasons enough to not step down.

> but because I think that this position should be held by a person who has no disputes
>with any national representatives.

Well, I think things work in a different way. I mean: if A put the blame on B (me), and it comes to be unfair -because of not being true-, the logical move for B is to defend his reputation; furthermore, I think that defending oneself's reputation can never be dishonorable or a reason to step down from anywhere. I don't know if someone should step down here -I have my opinion, though I rather prefer to contribute to keep things cool here-, the only thing I know is that it wouldn't be B the one who should do it.

But of course, representatives had, have and will have the last say and are free to decide whether to replace me or to maintain me in charge of this process. Regards

                                                    Carlos Ayala
                                                    ( Aiarakoa )

                                    Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman