[pp.int.general] PP.se end-November

Per von Zweigbergk per.von.zweigbergk at piratpartiet.se
Fri Dec 5 20:42:13 CET 2008

5 dec 2008 kl. 19.59 skrev Carlos Ayala:

> ¿What do you [The Swedish Pirate Party] consider a member? I mean,
> we differentiate in PIRATA between supporters -less
> responsibilities, also less capabilities- and actual members -full
> responsibilites (including membership fee) and full capabiilties
> (including being eligible to fill inner offices and to become PIRATA
> candidates)-. Do you make that difference too, or you consider both
> as members?

Piratpartiet has one level of membership - "member". In the beginning,
PP had a symbolic membership fee of 5 SEK/year (about 0.50 €/year)
payable by SMS text message. Since then membership in PP has been made
free of charge. (I don't recall the exact date that difference was
made.) Memberships must be manually renewed every year. This also
ensures that members have to take an active role every year to renew
their membership.

PP requires full data about our members -- full name, address, date of
birth, telephone number, and a functional e-mail address, which must
be confirmed before the member is added. This is to ensure that
members are in fact real, and not just random names.

Aside from that, PP solicits contributions from members. Contributions
are made to a Swedish bank account, and in principle, the names of
contributors are not released. PP refers to people who regularly
(monthly) donate to the party as Guldpirater (Golden Pirates). In
principle PP has no way of knowing who is a Guldpirat or not.

PP also has a youth organisation, Ung Pirat (Young Pirate). Membership
in Ung Pirat automatically means membership in Piratpartiet, and those
joining the party are given the option to join Ung Pirat if they're
under the age of 26.

--
Per von Zweigbergk