[pp.int.general] PP.se end-November

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Dec 5 19:59:09 CET 2008

De: Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick at piratpartiet.se>
Enviado: viernes, 5 de diciembre, 2008 14:21:05
> November has been an intensive month. Sweden is discussing a new
piece of proposed
> legislation that would let copyright monopoly holders
find the identity of an Internet subscriber on
> suspicion of file
sharing; this would give copyright monopolists more far-reaching powers
of
> privacy invasion than the Swedish Police

Yes, there is a high risk in Spain of happening the same.

> I proclaimed November 5 as “come out as a pirate” day; about a dozen
prominent bloggers came
> out as open supporters of the Pirate Party.
Several posted dark grey banners on their blogs saying
> “I was one of
the 34,918 people who voted for the Pirate Party in 2006.” Several
others responded
> by posting pirate purple banners saying “I didn’t vote
pirate in 2006. I plan to correct that mistake
> in 2009 and 2010"

I wish we in PIRATA can be able to concur to our first election in 2009 -though we have it quite hard, as we only have 1.072 signatures when law requires 15.000, and deadline is set in 28th of february 2009-, so we can work on a simmilar PRs campaign. Your "come out as a pirate" & "I plan to correct that mistake" stuff sounds good.

> The month ended with the world’s largest LAN, DreamHack. We
recruited 629 new members over
> the three-day LAN party.

Sorry one question -as I often, when I talk about Piraattipuolue (900 members in a country 9-times less populated than Spain) and Piratpartiet (6.000 members in a country 5-times less populated than Spain), use both parties as examples of how being called pirates is not an obstacle anymore to raise members and votes (using also the 35.000 votes example, which proportionally would mean 175.000 votes in a country as populated as Spain, thus being a more than decent result)-:

¿What do you consider a member? I mean, we differentiate in PIRATA between supporters -less responsibilities, also less capabilities- and actual members -full responsibilites (including membership fee) and full capabiilties (including being eligible to fill inner offices and to become PIRATA candidates)-. Do you make that difference too, or you consider both as members?

I ask it because, regardless of the fact that even if adding supporters to our less-than-100 members we would have 1.700 users (far less than you even not considering the population difference), recruiting more than 600 new members in just 3 days is simply a huge success -i.e., it would be interesting to know the howto-. Regards,

                                                                  Carlos Ayala
                                                                  ( Aiarakoa )

                                            Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman