[pp.int.general] PP.se EP-status

Pasi Palmulehto pasi.palmulehto at piraattipuolue.fi
Tue Dec 9 11:05:12 CET 2008

> > I have one doubt: if 100 out of 8000 members attended the on-line
> > meeting, I guess you have some sort of delegated vote -i.e., some,
> > most or all members attending the on-line meeting would have acted
> > as delegates, and non-attending members would have been allowed to
> > delegate their vote to any of those delegates-, am I right?
>
> No, this is not the system used. One PP member, one vote. The fact
> that only a small amount of members exercised their right to vote
> doesn't change that.

Most party members don't even care so much about the process, as long as
results are good. Think if traditional partys would have all their
members voting..It's almost impossible.

People join the party to support it, with money or just as being along
in spiritual support.

Currently we have in Piraattipuolue approx. 900 members and there's no
chance all or even most of them would be active in meetings or in events
where Piraattipuolue will participate.
Maybe it's possible to get most of them voting with non-realtime voting
system, something like a vote "How would this and this work best and
what to do" on party homepage or a separate set up site for that
purpose. This is actually something we have tried to plan, it could work
as a helpful guideline for elected MPs and such.

Sorry for crappy English, this is why I'm mostly quiet here even thou I
read every post.

Pasi Palmulehto
Vice chairman of Piraattipuolue