[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of the United States is starting to collect signatures

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Thu Dec 18 04:17:29 CET 2008

Dear members of the international pirate parties,
On behalf of the PPUS, I'd formally like to announce that starting as
soon as legally possible, citizens from various states will start
collecting signatures.

What does this mean? It means that not only will us "pirates" have a
foothold on the national level, but also on the state level. Most
importantly, it signifies that we will be able to have actual voters.

A few months ago, we had started collecting signatures for the state of
Utah. Ray Jenson, at the time, was interim administrator of that party.
Now we plan on going bigger; We're hoping that Utah, Connecticut, and
California can start collecting votes in tandem.

I've volunteered to try to collect votes for California. There has been
a great deal of support and questions regarding a California party;
besides, it's high time that Hollywood has learned that it's tricky,
secretive lobbying efforts end.

California will be a tough cookie to crack for many reasons. Namely, the
Secretary of State for California states that a party must collect at
least 5,000 votes, being that it is such a large state.

--
Glenn Kerbein
Pirate Party of the United States