[pp.int.general] where is the manifesto?

Richard M Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Dec 26 17:33:16 CET 2008

No matter what bulwarks are erected to prevent the reversal of laws
that increment unjust private power, we must never accept them as
legitimate.

For the Pirate Party to accept your position would require abandoning
the goal for which it was founded.  It seems to me that the
abandonment of that goal is precisely what you are arguing for.
You are doing it with defeatism.

In politics, defeatism is a form of opposition.  People who want to
work for political change must not stand for defeatism.

Defeatism tends toward exaggeration: for instance, to urge people to
give up on a goal world-wide because it is impossible in Germany
is clearly an exaggeration.

But is it really impossible in Germany?  Or is it only difficult?
Have you perhaps disregarded certain roads to success because they are
long?  Even if most of the specific points you made are accurate, you
may have overlooked a way that might work.

It is important to talk with lawyers to get advice about what roads to
success are available.  But don't talk with a lawyer that disparages
the goal.  Talk with a lawyer that wants to help you succeed.