[pp.int.general] where is the manifesto?

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at pr.unimaas.nl
Mon Dec 29 00:46:28 CET 2008

Reinier Bakels wrote:

    Well, I refer to a very specific concept in private law, which is perhaps hard to explain to non-lawyers, but I don't suggest changes to it. Patrimony is not a proper explanation/transformation, I guess
  I'm sure you'll be able to explain yourself :) Just if you try

  Well, I don't want to teach you basics of private law, if only because you don't believe me anyway, as is demonstrated below.

  Authors rights (in the continental tradition) are divided in to moral and exploitation rights. Exploitation is economic. For existing copyrights, the government should respect justified expectations it created. That's all
  As long as you actually have read what I said, I talk about the new legal framework -i.e., the framework for new works-.

  Well, at least at some point of our conversation we talked about old works. And thereis a point in talking about old works. But because it is immesely difficult to convince you, I did not have an opportunity yet to discuss my suggestions in that field.

    No, I did answer it, but you thought I did not.  IIRC PP proposes a 5 year (exploitation) copyright. Then it is unavoidable to consider it a property right. Only full abolishment allows it not to be considered as such
  False. There are not just abolishment and property rights as solutions; you just think of commercial rights as property. Those are two different things, and actually you can ask people here whether they think of commercial rights as property rights or not. I already explained in my last mail some approaches for configuring author's commercial rights without considering them as property rights.

  Well, this is what I meant above. You just don't believe me. Assume youare right. Then that iseven more a reason not to believe my explanation on the property rights concept ...
  reinier

                                                                                             Carlos Ayala
                                                                                             ( Aiarakoa )

                                                                       Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

  Pirate Parties International - General Talk
  pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net