[pp.int.general] !! Denmark censors Internet, blocks The Pirate Bay

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Feb 4 17:25:29 CET 2008

De: Jan Huwald <jh at sotun.de>
Enviado: lunes, 4 de febrero, 2008 16:41:44
approach
and
would
be
> keen
on
aiding
again.

It is true that such measures can be circumvented, like DRM. However, at least in Spain, circumventing DRM is a crime -article 270.3 of Spanish Penal Code (in Spanish) (Spanish common law); not just using circumvention tools, but just having them-, so we in PIRATA think that circumventing is not a long-term solution -also we think that it's a dangerous path to say "web blockade? never mind! it can be circumvented" because it would happen exactly the same that happens with filesharing (in Spain, as filesharing legal status is somehow unclear, some people uses to say "no problem, if filesharing is illegalized I'll continue filesharing, as long as I'm not going to be catched by justice")-.

So I think that would be necessary to focus on the fact that we shouldn't need to go against laws and preliminary injunctions, but those laws and preliminary injunctions should adapt to consuetudinarity -rules from society habits- and human rights -including privacy, balance between rights, etc-. Regards

                                                                                         Carlos Ayala
                                                                                         ( Aiarakoa )

                                                                   Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman