[pp.int.general] !! Denmark censors Internet, blocks The Pirate Bay

Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes ricardo.cristof at remmert-fontes.de
Wed Feb 6 01:48:11 CET 2008

Hi!

Ole Husgaard wrote:

> Yes, this is a serious problem.
>
> For example, many danish pirates do not see the blocking of TPB as a
> serious issue because they know it is trivially easy to circumvent. They
> do not realize that IFPI probably likes that it is easy to circumvent
> right now because it causes less protests, and that in a few years IFPI
> is going to demand censorship that is harder to circumvent (and a lot
> more expensive for the ISPs).
>
> And today I had to give up on arranging a demonstration against the
> internet censorship. Problem is that without the danish pirate group
> (piratgruppen.org) I can only find half a dozen people who want to
> participate. The danish pirate group does not want to participate in a
> demonstration because they think some other things should be done first.
> One of these things is to set up a web site educating people on how to
> circumvent the blocking of TPB.

What about PROSA? What about FFII, green party, liberals? what about
http://www.digitalrights.dk/

Ok, within the AK Vorrat we found the idea of organizing parallel
demonstrations in all european capitals at the same day nice, but we
planned this for summer or something.

About this urgent issue, I will send an alert to two different
international distribution lists: EDRi and the ad-hoc-working group we
found, and which actually got a name: "International Internet Defenders
Platform" (IInDeP.org).

We wil concentrate on coordinated european-wide demos in summer, but
this time, press-releases will be an adequate way.

> This is very important.
>
> Circumvention is not a solution; it's a part of the problem.

Correct.

Viele Grüße/Best Regards,
Ricardo Cristof

--
Arbeitskreis Vorratsdatenspeicherung
Straßmannstraße 10

Fon: +49-30-94881297
Fax: +49-700-25808789
Mobile: +49-170-2487266
Jabber: rcrf at jabber.org
E-Mail: rcrf at vorratsdatenspeicherung.de
Web: http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de

My GnuPG-Key:
http://cristof.remmert-fontes.de/downloads/pgpkey_rcrf.zip
Key-ID: 25038B2F
Fingerprint: 5EA8 EF99 1B99 04DF 70C8 5F6E 85BC CA54 2503 8B2F