[pp.int.general] !! Denmark censors Internet, blocks The Pirate Bay

Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes ricardo.cristof at remmert-fontes.de
Wed Feb 6 02:04:00 CET 2008

Hi!

Carlos Ayala wrote:

> [...]

Whoo! The are big brothers and collaborating against free speech for
example in china, as google is and did. You should change your
Mail-provider ;-)

>> 1. Code is law. As a party we should write and promote laws
> (traditional ones and code)
>
> Of course that we, PPI, if we reach European Parliament, are going to
> propose reviewing EU directives. And each pirate party will do -I
> suppose; we in PIRATA are going to do it even though not going to reach
> parliament, as I commented in Berlin, through popular initiative and
> citizens' signatures- the same with their national laws if national
> parliaments are reached.

Correct. That's why I posted the Mail about the internet-censorship via
cultural industries opinion.

>> 2. _Certain aspects_ of the freedom of information are implicit laws
> of computer spaces almost as unavoidable as
>> gravity is in the physical world. Showing this nature of information
> space is one of the best advertisings for our party
>
> I didn't understand that statement at all; I mean, I didn't get the
> point -maybe due to my poor english level :)-.

Jan maybe wanted to figure out, that cyberspace is a kind of reality. I
believe, this is wrong: reality is an illusion and cyberspace is an
artificial part of this illusion. :-)

Ok, bad joke.the point is, that human rights are coming from human live,
society and that this human life is and will ever be based on the
physical world. we do not need special law for the internet, we have to
enforce human rights also in the internet.

But yes, the question of rights on immaterial goods became evident,
since immaterial goods lost its singularity in a world ofdigital copies
and mass-reproduction.

In short: law must come from ethics, society, human rights, not from
code. Code has to be adopted from the principles of ethics society and
human rights, too.

Not the other way round.

>> 3. Civil disobediance is and will be an important part of the "pirate
> community" (not identical to pirate parties) as well
>> as modern citizenship in the current surveillance society
>
> I hope you are not mistaking what I expressed in my former mail: at
> least in Spain -it seems (from Ole, Ricardo, Amelia and other's mails)
> that it's not just an spanish local issue- when we in PIRATA explain
> people the dangers of these laws/judgments, some people answer us
> "indeed, you're right, but who cares? while I can find CDs without
> levies/ways to circumvent DRM/ways to access Pirate Bay/etc, it's not my
> problem anymore". So they are not making civil disobedience -as a mean
> for achieving a goal (changing the law)-, but just trying to avoid law
> enforcement while such laws consolidate.

I Agree again.

Viele Grüße,
Ricardo Cristof

--
Arbeitskreis Vorratsdatenspeicherung
Straßmannstraße 10

Fon: +49-30-94881297
Fax: +49-700-25808789
Mobile: +49-170-2487266
Jabber: rcrf at jabber.org
E-Mail: rcrf at vorratsdatenspeicherung.de
Web: http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de

My GnuPG-Key:
http://cristof.remmert-fontes.de/downloads/pgpkey_rcrf.zip
Key-ID: 25038B2F
Fingerprint: 5EA8 EF99 1B99 04DF 70C8 5F6E 85BC CA54 2503 8B2F