[pp.int.general] Thursday 20:30 Pirate Manifesto Procedures

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Feb 16 21:02:34 CET 2008

De: Mattie <teirdes at gmail.com>
Enviado: sábado, 16 de febrero, 2008 19:10:56

have
7
days
from
now
finish
draft
> 1.

Before we decide time and date for another meeting, I thinkwe should be sure that there are people to be met. With Wybo -Netherlands-, you -Sweden- and me -Spain-, we're just three people -as I haven't had news from Jan Huwald since approx. 10 days ago; maybe Piratenpartei Deutschland should choose another representative for the Manifesto development-.

About the deadline, it does not finish for the first phase in 7 days from now -Wybo may notice me if I'm wrong-; the first phase lasts 2 months, while the second phase lasts 2 1/2 months and the last phase are the two remaining weeks until Uppsala. So, counting from Berlin Conference, first phase's deadline is thought to be set approx the 28th of March. It can seem to be much time but ... it's just one month and a half -and considering that first we have to decide the composition of the first phase group, maybe we're talking about just one month to develope a first complete draft, not really much time-.

> If
we've
had
problem
with
representatives
from
each
country,
is there
least
number
of
representatives
that
> collectively
can
make decisions
(that
is,
is
it
enough
for
any
6-7
delegates
write
a draft
that
can
be
amended
in
the
> draft
2
process)?

The Manifesto could -hypothetically- be drafted even by only one person; the thing is, I believe that the more parties participate in the first phase, the more consenssus would be reached, and the less amendments would be needed in the second phase. So being currently only 3 representatives -from Sweden, Netherlands and Spain- it's really crucial for polish, french, danish, austrian, german, russian and american -did I forget someone? I include also russian and american because I think we are talking about international manifesto, and not about Euro'2009 election platform- to also appoint representatives for both deciding about these two remaining issues -who will be at the first phase group, and how amendments will be voted at the end of the second phase-. Regards,

Carlos
Ayala

(
Aiarakoa