[pp.int.general] news from Austria

Max Lalouschek | Piratenpartei Ö Max Lalouschek | Piratenpartei Ö
Tue Feb 19 16:31:16 CET 2008

Ahoi Pirates :)

I think I never wrote something here, so hello to everybody! Some of you
probably know me from the last two international meetings.

I'm the treasurer of the Austrian Pirate Party and I startet my "career" the
same way the polish one did... with no knowledge. After over a year of
experience, my polish colleague might want to know, that - as tempting as it
sometimes is - suicide shouldn't be considered an option to flee from all
the bureaucracy ;)

Anyway, I liked the "news from Poland"-mail. So I wrote one about Austria.
Might be a good Idea if all parties would send a status-news from time to
time?

Anyway, since the meeting in Berlin things are about to get better here in
Austria.

3 - 4 of 6 board members are very active, as well as 2 -3 of the "normal"
members. I'd say together they make up the backbone of the party.

We have some Projects running, like distributing CD's with free music, as
real CDs and over torrent, organising a LAN-Party, and some more.

We have more activity in our forum than two months before, but lack of human
ressources is still a problem, otherwise we would be more involved in
international issues, especially the Pirate Manifest, where we still need to
find somebody with enough time and knowledge to work on that.

Our server also still needs some attention, although much has been corrected
and everthing is more or less working. However, it seems, that the server
itself wasn't the best choice... but we are thinking about correcting that
one too ;p

So, all in all it is getting better here :)

So much to our status for now, hope you found it interesting.

Ciao!

Max Lalouschek