[pp.int.general] The editorial in question

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 10 16:27:48 CET 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Mattie <teirdes at gmail.com>
Enviado: jueves, 10 de enero, 2008 16:01:36
> Somewhat OT:

> In all fairness, it seems to be a Latin proverb, a language which has been dead for some 1000 years and isn't even
> used academically anymore. Some of the classic language institutions in Sweden have considered closing down due
> to lack of students.

Considering that Spanish is a latin-derived language -for instance: dixit means said in English (then, Calvo dixit means Calvo said), and said means dijo in Spanish ... are quite simmilar dixit and dijo-, and considering that Carmen Calvo is a Doctor in Constitucional Law -which implies the knowledge of many latin phrases like prima facie, ex novo, in dubio pro reo, onus probandi, etc- and also was then the Minister of Culture ... thinking she was called Dixie was somewhat bizarre -and a shocking event for Internet users, who thought what did we do to deserve such a minister? -some may think that what they did was voting her party ... wrong answer as her opposition counterpart, Beatriz Rodriguez-Salmones, accused Calvo (despite her alignment with copyright management societies) of being too soft with filesharing!- Regards

                                                                                     Carlos Ayala
                                                                                     ( Aiarakoa )

                                                              Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

P.D.: And not only because of latin phrases, it's amazing that Carmen Calvo is a Doctorate in Constitutional Law holder ... the Spanish IP Law -which implements the 2001/29/EC Directive- violates several articles of our national constitution -we, PIRATA, arrived late; latest Spanish IP Law was passed on July 2006; Constitutional Law allows only a three-month period after passing a law to question it (then only until October 2006); and PIRATA was formally constituted as a party in January 2007 ... now it can only be questioned by a judge when applying a concrete article of IP Law during a trial ... and only if the judge wants to-.

Web Revelación Yahoo! 2007:
Premio Favorita del Público.
http://es.promotions.yahoo.com/revelacion2007/favoritos/