[pp.int.general] For Berlin Conference: the "decision making" issue

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 10 20:58:44 CET 2008

Hello:

I truly like the PPI idea for the Common European Platform motto, I mean: 19:5 is a truly strong message which represents both a goal -at least 19 seats for nailing a parliamentary group- as well as the idea of the need for working together in order to achieve that goal -it's also required that those at least 19 seats come from at least 5 different countries-.

The question is: did we also get the other idea that's implied in that motto? We are working now -in a few days in Berlin; six months later in Uppsala; in a year from now in Saint Petersburg- to lay the foundations of a strong european party within the PPI; and one of the things that define any kind of association, any kind of group, is their decision making process. We begin with the
 relieving fact that we share common ideas and common goals that make understanding and consenssus easier and more reachable; however, even with that beginning we'll have to make some decisions in which nuances will arise -first of all, the Pirate Manifesto and, in some months from now (maybe in Saint Petersburg) the political platform for the 2009 European Election-.

So then what are we going to do about this? When sit at the parliament, our strength will come from unity, and that unity will come from inner agreements; which procedures are we going to follow to reach those agreements? If we achieve our goals, there would be at least members of European Parliament from 5 different countries, fellow members of five diferent national pirate parties. How will it be? In issues in which all or almost all the pirate parties completely match their
 stances, it will be straightforward; however for the rest of the cases -where the nuances arise- we must, then, find out the way for driving many parties from many countries to a common place, to a common stance which can be defined as our stance, the common political platform stance. Then, this issue is needed to be discussed in
 Berlin.

Regards,

                                                                                             Carlos Ayala

                                                                                             ( Aiarakoa )

                                                                      Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

Web Revelación Yahoo! 2007:
Premio Favorita del Público.
http://es.promotions.yahoo.com/revelacion2007/favoritos/