[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto Reloaded

aloa5 piratenpartei at t-online.de
Fri Jul 4 07:54:37 CEST 2008

Hello Anton,

there are more options. I think your options are polarising (and point 2
is not written down in the declaration). ;)

Lets have a look about the different points here and if we can have a
consens. :)

As far as I can see we have this two sides of a coin on wich is written
"politic" on it:

* The scandinavian Pirates think that we have to built a coalition with
a/the/any gouvernment party anyway to get might. The "costs" for this
can be really high. They assume that the might they would have with 1, 2
3 seats in EU or national parliaments would imply enough might for
changing something.

* The spanish Pirates think the other way around that we never go into a
coalition this way.

I will offer following points for finding a compromise or a working
plattform:

1.) Coalitions (as an option) have to be possible
2.) If the price for a coalition (compromises to be made) is reasonable
will be a decision of the PP members in each country.
3.) We have do decide *after* an election

And - to come across the point 2 you (Anton) below mentioned - I would
like to ask the skandinavian Pirates something.

The same argumentation can be used for every separate country to
legitimate any coalition -- and promising (any) coalitions before an
election.

First question:
Would you accept such an approach from any other party in your own country?

Second Question:
Would you think that voters would accept such an approach?

Third question:
Do you think that an opposition in your country has nothing to say and
absolute no influence (quote: "..accomplish nothing.. voters give up
their hope...")?

Perhaps with above mentioned points for a compromise for wich I ask you
all to answer if this would be acceptable we find a way. And with
answering the my questions we can find out more about the thinking of
one another - and perhaps can start talking about what we think that
politic "works" for us (long run).

Best Regards
ALOA (aka Otmar... my nick is really an alter ego wich sometimes seem to
  have a life on his own :) )