[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto development sessions: 2nd session summary
aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Jul 11 09:58:09 CEST 2008
Date: 10th of july 2008
Time: 20:00 CEST
Deadlines were set:
- Stage One: 31st of August
- Stage Two:
* Deadline to admit new amendments: 1st of November
* Start of the voting window: 2nd of November
* End of the voting window: 15th of November
- Signing the Pirate Manifesto: at the 4th International Conference
Pirate Manifesto's First Draft: development will start next week, so pirate parties may use the following week to study each pirate party's ideology to prepare the background for next session. There are 8 out of 12 pirate parties having filled their briefings, with Russia -don't know what's happening with them, lot of time without having news-, France -both Valentin Villenave and/or Mary Poppins would may fill Parti Pirate's briefing-, Austria and Australia -Draco(AT) and Roderick(AU) committed to fill their briefings as soon as possible- still pending. I hope that by next week 10 or 11 out of 12 pirate parties have finally filled their briefings. By the way, any news of Latin American pirate parties -Chilean, Argentinian, Mexican, etc-? The sooner they join the Pirate Manifesto's development works, the better.
Amendments voting system: also to be discussed at each pirate party, internally, to prepare the background for next session's debate. According to what did we discuss last night, Ole laid some topics to be used as a starting point, which I'm going to complete with the following comments:
- Each pirate party having one vote
- Pirate parties would be free to internally deciding how to use that vote; e.g., one pirate party would may show all amendments to their members, and allow them to vote according to their internal voting system; depending on the results of those votings, that pirate party would support or not each amendment.
- Consenssus must be as high as possible, as we want all pirate parties feel akind with the idea of signing the Final Draft
* how would this be guaranteed? supermajorities -% of supporting votes required to consider an amendment as passed- and/or vetoes -% of rejecting votes required to consider an amendment as rejected, regardless of the % of supporting votes-?
- There should be some way for a national PP to indicate that a
particular amendment is needed for them to be able to ratify the final
document. That is, a conditio sine qua non; so, when voting, all pirate parties would know what do other pirate parties require to accept the final draft, and vote the amendments considering this issue
- quorum -which % of pirate parties must vote (regardless of their vote) to consider an amendment valid-
Next session, wednesday 16th of july, 20:00 CEST, at #ppi, in irc.piratpartiet.se; please all pirate parties send representatives to that meeting. Regards,
( Aiarakoa )
Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman
Enviado desde Correo Yahoo! La bandeja de entrada más inteligente.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pp.international.general