[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto Reloaded

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Jul 12 12:57:49 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: aloa5 <piratenpartei at t-online.de>
Enviado: sábado, 12 de julio, 2008 11:01:44
Bernhard Schillo schrieb:
> > So we have to sharpen our image as a party which works for human rights
> We are actual a party wich have privacy and so called intelectual property in program. You can mention that are parts
> of human rights. But to say we are working for human rights is not really true. Human rights are more than 95%
> non-core issues (even if privacy is really very important for protecting other human rights)

You're right again, aloa5 -though 95 % is a too high estimation-.

While we can use UDHR as a prism for our ideology -e.g., if we deal with another traditional party and that party wants (in exchange for supporting some of our claims) something against UDHR, we can say no to that-, not all human rights are included in our ideology. Exempli gratia, articles 24 & 25 UDHR:

"Article 24.
Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.
Article 25.
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the
health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food,
clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and
the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness,
disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in
circumstances beyond his control.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and
assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall
enjoy the same social protection."are not included in PPI's claims -at least I didn't find it here-. Does it mean that we don't care? Never; we are concerned about those issues ... simply, while we are able to agree on there are problems concerning those issues, we aren't able to agree on which are the proper solutions -to unemployment, to the housing issue, to inmigration, etc-.

In PIRATA we allow citizens to cover those non-core issues via ILCs, in other pirate parties other solutions are followed to deal with non-core issues. Whatever the pirate party we look at, the fact is which aloa5 points out: most of UDHR contents lay within non-core issues.

Which UDHR articles do lay within PPI core issues? That's what we are trying to find out in Pirate Manifesto's sessions. Articles 12 -privacy-, 18, 19, 20 -freedom of speech-, 8, 9, 10, 11 -pressumption of innocence & due process-, 27 -culture and author's rights-, and maybe also some other articles; however, as there are 30 UDHR articles, not all issues are covered by us -maybe half of them or less-. Regards,

                                                                        Carlos Ayala
                                                                        ( Aiarakoa )

                                              Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman