[pp.int.general] Collecting signatures for 2009 European Election, and other requirements

Matthias Weiler matthias.weiler at mymail.ch
Sat Jul 12 20:46:32 CEST 2008

The facts from Austria:
We need the same amout of signatures as we do for national elections.
That means 2600 signatures. Between 100 and 500 from each province.
We've got time from 68 Days before election (I'm not 100% sure about
that) until 37 Days before election.
A problem is, that austrians have to sign at the municipal office of
their residence and then send it to the party.
Austria has about 6,350,000 voters.

As an alternative to the 2600 signatures, support from three members of
the national parliament or one member of the EU-parliament would be okay
to run for election. Is this the same in other european countries?

greets